|Help with your design questions
Tenets of Interior Design
• A beautiful room begins with proportion, balance, contrast, color, function and organization.
• One has to decide what should be kept, culled or hidden.
• Every room should have a focal point or interesting vignette.
• Art and accessories personalize a room the most.
• Appropriate lighting means both functional and ambient. Dimmer switches on all lighting.
• Good design is a combination of using both symmetrical and asymmetrical balance, as well as contrasting lights with darks.
• One should not be afraid of using oversized or larger scale furniture.
• Take an organic approach and bring the outside in. Plants and flowers are essential.
• Antiques give a room heritage.
• A mirror creates depth and illusion.
• A masculine or tailored look survives time more than a feminine one.
• An individual’s personal touch adds graciousness and charm to a room or home.
• Celebrate every day, not just the seasons and holidays. Life is about the accumulation of good memories, not accumulating things.
Download this brochure on the Tenets of Design
If you have a design question, please email it to Jeff Adkisson for assistance.